Saturday, September 14, 2013

Summer 2013

        End of Summer Post!!! I know it's been forever and I didn't post any pictures. I intended to though. I even took a bunch. Does that count? I guess not because you still don't get to see any photos. I just really like to go through and clean them up before I post them and that just takes more time than my short attention span will allow. So instead you'll just have to practice your reading skills.
        Anyway. This summer was awesome. I went the beach in Brookings, OR to watch the fireworks on the Independence day and it was fantastic, but I didn't think to bring a jacket so I got a little cold. But I'd never seen the ocean at night before and the fireworks were super cool. Also a whole bunch of people were launching their own rockets and fireworks out into the sea and it was fun to watch them continue glowing as they sank. The beach was really rocky and I heard a sound that I'd never heard before as hundreds of small rocks were pushed up on top of each other and then clacked together on their way back into the ocean while the waves receded. It was cool.
        Continuing forward the next major event of the summer was my birthday. That's right! I totally leveled up and am now a lvl 29 Ranger/Monk. I got a new feat too! Manyshot!!! So I Decided to travel to Salt Lake City where most of my family and more importantly my closest friends currently reside. On my birthday visited my brother while he was making books in his friends printing studio. Then I read a book in a tree, and took a nap in said tree. Afterwards I visited a friend for a couple of hours and when it started getting late I took my super awesome animal companion named Felicity (my car) up the windy roads of big cottonwood canyon. When we got close to the top we decided to call it a night and went to bed. The following morning I decided to finally hike Mt Olympus. I've always wanted to do that hike, but no one would ever go with me so I decided to do it on my own. IT WAS THE MOST INTENSE HIKE I'VE EVER BEEN ON!!! It was sooooo cool though. It's a shame I'm way too lazy to post pics even though I took a few. I reached the pinnacle and there was a mailbox with a pen and paper inside with a bunch peoples notes. I read a few and wrote my own, but I can't remember what I wrote. Probably something about beauty and how magnificent the world is or something cheesy like that. On the way back down I totally got heat exhaustion and I think I started acting a little weird too (Not that unusual for me actually). If any one decides to do that hike I highly recommend taking double the amount of water you think you'll need. After the hike I went to a friends house where I would spend the night and we went to dinner with a whole bunch of my friends. It was really great to see them and I miss them all waaaay too much. I wish that they could all come and live in Oregon with me. The next day My sister and brother celebrated our birthdays together at my sister's house and we all had a blast playing games and video chatting with my other sister's family. it was great. I spent the night at my sister's and the next day was a 12 hour drive back home. A long drive to take alone but my brain keeps busy thinking about something.
        Summer event #3: Early August my church went on a camping trip to the BEACH! It was more of a night in the park more than actual camping but it was super fun. we had a fireside and the next morning we played in the tide pools and splashed in the waves and I got buried in the sand. After that we went to spot on the smith river where a rope swing was attached to a bridge and swung at least 20 ft above the river water. Probably closer to 30 ft. It was the most fun I've ever had in the water.
        Summer event #4: On the way back from the camping trip Felicity's transmission started to give us some problems. We kind of had to limp back home which was kind of depressing because that road is super fun to drive on. (Definitely better than Big Cottonwood Canyon). So to end my summer adventures I spent the past 3 weeks rebuilding Felicity's transmission. Which I ended up doing 3 times before I finally got it right. :/ BUT... Now she actually drives smoother than I think she ever has and she stills purr's like a little kitten. She's a fantastic, wonderful machine and I'm very happy to have her in my life.

1 comment: