Saturday, September 21, 2013

The World Is A Good Place.

        I love this World. I love everything about it. Lately I've been receiving tons of negative energy. I feel completely surrounded by hate, anger, selfishness, mistrust, misunderstanding, greed, fear, overindulgence, and the list goes on. It's impossible to avoid any of this stuff. It will do everything it can to drag you or I down and make you a part of it's own power. But no matter how much of this world becomes enveloped by these forces and no matter how many people fall to it's influence, this world will always have love in it. And I for one will continue to have hope for those who are hopeless. Love for those who are hateful. There will always be dreams for those who are defeated. happiness for those who are sad. and Joy for those who are in pain. I've seen too many people who have achieved their goals and fulfilled their dreams to believe otherwise. I've known people who have dedicated their entire lives to curing a disease that affects only a few people. From clumsiness to complete organ failure, I've seen people defy the limits that their physical bodies have imposed on them. I've seen people completely maintain their composure when their own emotions or an illness prevents them from doing so. I have known people with dyslexia who have learned many languages; some of which are dead. I've met people who can let go of fear completely, and do amazing things, like jump out of an airplane, speak in front of millions, or pet the snake that they are so deathly afraid of. I've watched people give love to that which is seemingly unlovable. I've heard people sing songs that bring peace to tumultuous situations. I've heard the playful laughter of children. I've heard the playful laughter of adults. I've heard the playful laughter of the elderly. I've felt pats on a back that say "Job well done!" I've felt hugs from someone who truly cares. I've had someone hold my hand in affection and felt the kisses that their emotions can't hold back.
        So don't tell me that the world is a horrible place. Or that people are only self-serving and don't want to help. Or that people only want others to give them everything. I know that there are a lot of horrible things in this world. But I also know that every single person in this world that ever was or ever will be can overcome all of it. They can do so on their own without relying on others. And even more importantly, I know that they'll help in any way they can when others are struggling as well. Yes, I do believe in the Human race. Because believing in the human race is believing in people. And when you believe in someone, they are able to believe in themselves. And when people believe in themselves, they are able do truly magnificent things.

No comments:

Post a Comment